Friday, December 24, 2004

November 2004 : List of Recommendations

Meant to post this a while back. Anyway, figured I'd post it tonight. It's Christmas Eve and I'm having my family over for dinner tomorrow night. Tonight involved cleaning, preparing the place for tomorrow and,of course, the remaining last-minute shopping items. All done, finally. Now, I'm just listenting to music and relaxing. In other news, I've decided to take up golf and last weekend I purchased my starter set for just $89 (originally priced at $299) at Big 5. Not a bad deal! Went to the driving range yesterday, and even managed to hit a few good shots for my first time. Tomorrow, I'm going to start the day with a relaxing morning at the Montclair Golf Course -- of course, not a round of golf, but a bucket of balls and practice swings at the driving range again. Pretty excited. Then, it's getting ready for Christmas dinner. It's been quite a number of years since I spent Christmas with my family; for the last few years I've been away this time of the year, travelling. Looking forward to this one. Hope some of you will enjoy the recommendations below. Merry Christmas! November 2004 : List of Recommendations Books The Assasination of Julius Ceasar: A People's History of Ancient Rome by Michael Parenti The Motorcycle Diaries: A Latin American Journey by Che Guevara DaVinci Code by Dan Brown Articles: Death of Environmentalism by Michael Shellenberger and Ted Nordhaus Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resource for A New American Century A Report of The Project for New American Century (PNAC), 2000 Movies: Garden State The Motorcycle Diaries Music: Keane: Hopes and Fears Eats: Unicorn: Pan Asian Cuisine (Berkeley) Banana Leaf Restaurant (Milpitas) Nan Yang (Rockridge)

No comments: